So, I had great aspirations of regular blog posts, and haven't written a thing since January. But I've been intending to post something nearly every weekend. Finally, on a rainy Saturday in Salt Lake City, I have time to write.
I started a new role at Omniture in early January. I was hired to help Omniture market to senior marketing executives--CMOs, SVPs, etc. My official title is "CMO Programs Director". I've nearly hit my 4 month mark, am learning an enormous amount, and generally enjoying the work.
My role is pretty cool, if not a bit isolated from Omniture's main stream marketing efforts, which consist of online demand generation, public relations, and a enormous number of industry events. I select a handful of senior-level events, develop content for them, and am also developing online content about digital marketing. (I'll write more on this in a few months...).
Omniture has its quirks, like any other place I've worked, but the people are sharp, hard working, and generally nice. The company plays in a fast-paced, interesting industry sector, and has great products. There is an enormous amount going on. I rather enjoy being able to focus on just a few things, most of which are under my control.
Let's hope the economy gets better soon, which will make working more fun and possible for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you found work that works for you. Did Paul tell you we met someone who knows you from Omniture on the beach last weekend?
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I'd love to hear more about the work you do (both the general "you" at Omniture and the specific "you" in your position). I was at ad:tech in San Francisco this last week and caught the Omniture booth; I was hoping you'd be there, but that might not've been your sort of event. Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete- Laura Thompson